We have listed the best hair straighteners from our reviews in the table below. To make sure that you get the most value for your money, our selection is limited to best selling products and all time favorites. That way, you are ensured that many people have already enjoyed the great results these hair straighteners can give you, for the best price available. If you want to know what is the best hair straightener, take a look at the rankings below.
Which Factors Are Taken Into Account In Our Hair Straightener Reviews?
One of the most valuable styling tools these days is the hair straightener. With its promise of almost instant perfectly straight hair, every woman deserves to get the best hair straightener there is. To help find the best option for you, we have compiled the factors that you must look for before you buy hair straighteners:
- Features and Technology. The features of each hair straightener will set them apart from the rest of the options. They will also guarantee a far better hair straightening experience as compared to the rest. Some of the features you may want to look for are floating plates, long swivel cord, wet to dry, etc.
- Plates. Knowing what plates the hair straightener has is one of the most important things to give attention to when choosing among hair straighteners. Options in the market today include ceramic plates, aluminum plates, teflon plates, and titanium plates. The best choices are ceramic and titanium as they cause minimal damage to the hair but titanium plates are a little more durable. Aluminum and teflon plates, on the other hand, are not good options because they do not heat evenly and they often cause breakage and lots of damage to the hair.
- Heat Setting. When straightening your hair, it is useful top have several options to chose from when it comes to the temperature setting. Depending on your hair type, you need different temperatures for the best and safest results. For instance, if you have fine hair, you should use lower temperatures. Therefore, it is best to get a hair straightener that has adjustable heat settings. Check out this heat requirement for each hair type:
- 450°F -Keratin Treatments
- 390-440°F -Thick, Coarse Hair
- 340-380°F -Wavy Hair
- 300-330°F -Normal Hair
- 260-290°F -Fine Hair
- 200-250°F -Fragile Hair
- Heat Consistency. This factor is very important because hair straighteners with an inconsistent temperature can result in spot heat damage to the hair. Therefore, it is best for you to make sure that your choice of product can offer you good heat consistency.
- Recovery Time. This refers to how long the straightener takes to heat up. The best hair straighteners are those that heat up in less than a minute. This is a particularly important factor if you have thick hair, because thick hair will absorb heat faster and a long recovery time will result in waiting for the hair straightener to warm up again.
- Damage Control. Heat, when applied on the hair, can mean damage. However, there are straighteners that employ efficient technology to help minimize chances of hair damage. Look for a straightener with such a feature as a hair insurance.
- Size. How small and compact is the tool? This can be a very important factor to consider, especially if you are looking for a lightweight and compact hair straightener.
- Warranty. A product warranty usually goes with a good quality hair straightener. Indeed, looking for a warranty can be one of your means towards checking whether the product is good or not. Plus, this will give you an assurance in case unexpected malfunctions happen with your hair straightener.
- Cost. What is the best straightener? It is not all about the cheapest or the most expensive. Simply go for a product that is worth your money. Don’t expect a cheap hair straightener to give you the best available experience. More often than not, you get what you pay for.
- User Reviews. What other people are saying about the hair straightener have a lot to do with your choice in the end. Straighteners that have gathered more positive feedbacks as compared to negative ones are worth it of your consideration.
Other Hair Straightener Reviews
Below is a list of all hair straightener reviews that we have done so far. Be sure to check out those items if our top 5 above did not provide you with a conclusive choice to fit your needs.
Summary: Features ceramic/tourmaline ion plates for shinier and silkier hair Works for both dry and damp hair Features Dynamic Alignment System for efficient hair straightening results 9″ professional swivel power cord Autosense Technology for instant even heat Solia is bringing … Continue reading
Summary: Features GHD latest heat technology Even heat distribution 30-minute auto shut-off feature Universal voltage 9″ swivel cord GHD is home to a lot of great hair straighteners in the market. Its Professional Original Styler is just one of the … Continue reading
Summary: Nano-Fuzeion Technology for best hair care Ceramic/tourmaline technology for efficient hair styling Curls, flips, and straightens hair Adjustable temperature setting Damp to dry capability FHI has been investing millions to create some of the most advanced technologies when it … Continue reading
Summary Ultra smooth and polished plates for superior straightening ability Features tourmaline infused ceramic plates Eliminates frizz Superior heat up and recovery time Professional length cord Sedu flat irons are used by a lot of professionals all over the world. … Continue reading
Summary: Fast heating ceramic plates Promotes moisture retention Adds sheen and luster to hair UL Certified Perfect for all hair types Paul Mitchell is recognized as one of the top brands when it comes to hair care and styling. Its … Continue reading
Summary: Built-in turbo ion generator for best results 450 degrees maximum temperature Can be used for straightening, curling, and flipping hair Titanium ceramic plates digital temperature control The Croc Classic Nano-Titanium Flat Iron Straightener has been earning good reviews from … Continue reading
Summary: Features advanced ceramic plates infused with pearl for better performance Heats up in as fast as 15 seconds Digitally controlled temperature for more precision Fast straightening results 4-year warranty Remington is known for its line of good quality hair … Continue reading
Summary: 3-in-1 styling (curl/flip/straight) Features ionic technology for frizz elimination Features squeeze sensitive technology Energy efficient Far infrared heating for fast recovery time Farouk CHI has been a popular name in the world of hair styling through the years. Today, … Continue reading
Summary: Solid ceramic plates for fast and smooth straightening results With negative ions for frizz elimination Ultra light design Ultra fast recovery time Adjustable temperature controls Do you want smooth and shiny straight hair within minutes? The Herstyler Classic Forever … Continue reading
Summary: Tourmaline ionic ceramic plates for better hair straightening results Flash heating technology Sleep Mode Keratin hair treatment option Continuous recovery system Izunami may not be a brand that is familiar to everyone. However, it is the producer of one … Continue reading
Summary: Nano Titanium plates for ultra high temperature Can heat up to 450 degrees maximum Extra long plates LED temperature settings Ceramic heater for instant heat and recovery The best hair straighteners in the market are undoubtedly the ones packed … Continue reading
Remington S9951 Shine Therapy Frizz Control – Humidity Resistant Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron – 1 Inch
Summary: Ceramic plates infused with anti-frizz technology Easy-to-use LCD indicator display Floating plates for more efficient results Heats up in as fast as 30 seconds 4-year warranty Remington offers one of the best hair straighteners today, which is the S9551 … Continue reading